Thursday 11 August 2011

I've started early for a change!

Hi Everyone,




This is a card I have made to get me kick started with my Christmas Cards.  I have used Dreamweaver stencil and Bronze embossing paste for the main topper on the card and sprinkled it with Martha Stewart 'orange sorbet' glitter while it was still wet.  I distressed the edges of the topper with a combination of Vintage Photo and Spun Sugar Distress Inks and then mounted this on to Garnet cardstock.

 The Reindeer is a grungeboard element which I inked, sanded, stamped, embossed and distressed.  The stamp is a snowflake stamp but I am not sure which collection it's from.  The gingham paper is from craftwork cards and the ribbon is a scrunched paper ribbon which I got on ebay forever ago, I knew I would use it someday! 
I am entering it into the Make it Monday Challenge http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.com/. ,Wags and Whiskers 'Sparkle' challenge http://wagsnwhiskersrubberstamps.blogspot.com/2011/08/challenge-60-sparkly.html and Totally Papercrafts 'Holidays' http://totallypapercrafts.blogspot.com/.
Hope you are all having a nice week,

Colette x.

7 comments:

  1. LOve the sparkly wreath and the beautiful reindeer .. a wonderful Christmas card
    Thanks for joining us at Make it Monday this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic card Colette, perfect for our holiday theme.
    Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very lovely.

    Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Papercrafts and good luck in the draw.

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fabulous! I can't bear to think about Christmas just yet, so I admire your determination to start!
    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Colette! I love the reindeer addition and all the sparkle! I saw your card at MIM, so best of luck!

    Big Hugs,
    Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card - love the embossing and glitter. It really makes it something special.
    Thanks for the comment on my blog - hope this means that you've resolved your commenting problems.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete